I love the song I’m Every Woman (Chaka Khan, Whitney Houston… both amazing… you pick your fav) because it makes me feel like I can sing, AND I feel like I AM every woman. Very few people have interests in only one thing. We have multiple talents, hobbies and interests. I woke up one faithful November day and said to myself, “Why Not?” Why not write down my ideas. Why not share knowledge in a new and fun way? Why not let my own loud laughing light shine?
The Many Facets of Me
Information, advice and a laugh. I am well trained in medicine as well as the School of Hard Knocks when it comes to relationships and parenting. If I don’t have the answer, I know where to get it. Bonus: I have a song for every occasion and can make an imaginary microphone out of just about anything.
Board Certified Physician practicing obstetrics and gynecology since 2007. I specialize in caring for women of all ages, in pregnancy and beyond.
Over 11 Years and Counting. Marriage is lovely when you realize that people aren’t perfect. By people, I mean myself as well. Dr. Ed McDonald, by the way, has an awesome blog himself called The Doc’s Kitchen (which I will SHAMELESSLY plug all day.)
3 Kids and NOT Counting… EVER AGAIN. We have 3 and that is it. Why people want me to have more kids, I’ll never understand. It’s like the third one is the gateway kid.
Dr. Wendy is a product of solid training and professional memberships.
- University of Chicago Laboratory Schools: 1st grade through 12th grade
- Xavier University of Louisiana: HBCU undergraduate education at it’s FINEST! 4 years of pre-Katrina New Orleans, ya heard?
- Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine: 4 years of medical school at one of the best schools in the country
- Rush University Medical Center: 4-year Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology, trained to be excellent at my craft
- Board Certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Chicago Public Schools: Robert A. Black for Pre-K and Kindergarten (can’t deny my roots)
I pride myself in having Google-decoding skills. I provide answers to a multitude of health and life related questions in a de-encrypted form that will make you feel safe. Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @dreverywoman.
Call my office at 312-263-5517 to reach me for media or to schedule a doctor appointment.